Robot Builds Me

Member - 1764

My idea of competition before FIRST was finding the biggest player on the other team and try to make them run home crying.  I had been bitten, scratched, punched, body slammed, and elbowed multiple times in the name of basketball, but in my sophomore year of high school I quit.  I wanted to focus more on my school work and join the school’s robotics team.

View details »

Member - 1710

FIRST Robotics is a program that teaches people many important life skills. Team members learn how to manage time, as they balance schoolwork, FIRST, and possibly jobs. FIRST teaches people skills that they may use later in their careers. As my first year in the program, I am on the mechanical team for our team. I learned many things I never would have known otherwise. FIRST taught me other things than how to put together parts of a robot. It taught me how to manage my time, and also taught me to be graciously professional...

View details »

Member - 1764

Before I was involved in FIRST I would do the same thing every day, go to school, come home do homework, and go to bed.  But in 8th grade I decided to take a chance and go to a FIRST Lego League meeting.  That turned into being one of the best decisions I ever made.  Mr. Storehalder got me involved and I quickly saw myself emerge as a leader in all areas.  I no longer just went to school; I came in early and stayed late to work on the robot.  The next year I was the informal leader of the gro...

View details »